Latest News Items:
June 1, 2019
The results from the 2019 June Classic can be found at the following link:
May 21, 2019
There are still a few spots left for volunteering at the June Classic Competition.
Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
April 22, 2019
The CHDA June Classic Competition is Saturday, June 1, 2019.
REGISTRATION opens Tuesday, April 23 at 7:00 pm.
March 17, 2019
Results from the morning of Sunday, March 17, 2019
March 16, 2019
Results available at the following link:
March 12, 2019
Do you have a dancer that has outgrown their outfits? Come to the Gear Sale!!
Do you have a dancer that needs a new to them Hornpipe/ Jig/ Kiltie? Come to the Gear Sale!!
Do you have a friend that has stopped Highland Dance and wants to sell their items? Send them to the Gear Sale!!
The Gear Sale is sponsored by the CHDA but open to everyone who has an interest in selling used costumes or buying ‘new to you’ outfits. This gear sale is being held at our March competition on Sunday, March 17th.
**As there is limited space this gear sale is only open for the sale of DANCE SHOES & DANCE COSTUMES.
February 27, 2019
The volunteer spots are now available for sign up at the link below.
February 26, 2019
- Great news! You can still register for our CHDA Chinook Weekend (March 16/17th)! Registration for our Chinook Championship & Open Competition closes this Friday, March 1st at 10 pm. DON’T MISS OUT!! COME SPEND ST. PATRICK’S DAY with the CHDA!! REGISTRATION LINK
- Volunteer shifts for the Chinook weekend will be posted shortly.
- CHDA Pre Premier Workshop — Sunday, March 10th. Registration is available here: PrePremierWorkshop
- Next CHDA meeting is Monday, March 11th at North Glenmore Park Community Centre at 7:30 pm.
- Reminder that we will have a Gear sale on Sunday, March 17th at our competition. This event is open to everyone.
- Are you a Premier dancer applying for the James L Award offered through Scotdance Canada? You will have the opportunity to dance the Tribute to JL Mckenzie at our Sunday, March 17th competition at 8:45 am. Information on this prestigious award can be found here: https://scotdance.ca/events__trashed/james-l-award/
February 1, 2019
Our CHDA Chinook Open is Coming Soon!! Why should you come to Calgary for this great weekend of dance? Here are a few good reasons:
- Beautiful venue for our Chinook Championship on Saturday!
- CA$H prizes for all age groups at Championship
- No costume change for Novice/ Intermediate on Sunday!
- Energy Capital Premiership AND an Open Premier National competition on Sunday! Choose your level of competition! (Dancers in the OPEN Premier National competition do not need to dance the Premiership steps.)
- CA$H prizes for 16+ Premier dancers on Sunday.
- Gear Sale on the Sunday. More details to follow! Open to everyone for selling & buying.
This is always an event not to be missed!! Dancers come from across Canada & the US to compete on the Chinook stage. Don’t miss out!
Entry will be available online at this LINK. Registration will open at 6:00pm on Monday, February 4th, 2019. Registration will close 10:00pm Friday, March 1st, 2019.
Entries will only be accepted on-line. No LATE entries will be accepted for any of the events.
January 30, 2019
Registration is now available for the pre-premier workshop being held on Sunday, March 10, 2019. This workshop is open to all pre-premier dancers with a current CHDA membership.