Latest News Items:
April 23, 2017
The 70th Annual Red Deer Highland Games will be held Saturday, June 17, 2017 at the Red Deer Westerner Park (4847A 19th Street).
Entries will open Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 20h00 (MST) and close at 20h00 (MST) on Thursday, June 1st, 2017.
April 21, 2017
- The deadline for entering the Alberta Closed Provincial Championship and AHDA Open Competition is April 23, 2017.
- The deadline for the CHDA Photo Contest is April 30, 2017. Tip: if you have a photo on your mobile device that you would like to enter you can enter and upload the photo directly from that device.
- The next CHDA meeting is Monday, May 1 at 7:30 pm. The location is the Closer to Home office board room (upstairs from Greco’s pizza). Map shown below:
- The deadline for the CHDA June Classic is May 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm.
- Pipe Practice, available to CHDA members only, will be held 10:30am-12:00pm on Sunday, May 28th, 2017 at North Glenmore Park Community Centre.
April 10, 2017
To all CHDA members:
We have a new website up and we need your help to make it special! We are holding a photo contest to choose ten photos for the slideshow on our webpage. The prize for each selected photo will be a Highland Dancer water bottle! A highly coveted water bottle from our Chinook Competition will be given to each of our winning photos!
April 6, 2017
April 6th is Tartan Day, when we celebrate all things Scottish. If you are wondering about the tartan and colors on the new CHDA web site background, it is the official Calgary Tartan. To learn more about the how the colors were chosen for this tartan please read more:
April 4, 2017
Welcome to the new look for the CHDA Web Site!
Registration for the June Competition can be found at CHDA Events.
All of the content from the old site has been moved over. If you can’t find something using the menu at the top of the page or the Quick Links at the right OR if you find an error please contact Ramona at EMAIL.
March 31, 2017
The AHDA Alberta Provincial Competition/ Championship held on May 6th and 7th is still in need of sponsorship. Please consider sponsoring this event for as little as $10 (Best Wishes Line). Information and form is found on the Downloads/Sponsorship page.
March 29, 2017
The next pipe practice is Sunday, May 28, 2017 from 10:30am-noon at North Glenmore Community Centre. This is open to all CHDA members. This is a great chance to practice the competition dances with a live piper.
March 27, 2017
Registration is now open for the June competition.
Please go to the CHDA Events page to register.
March 25, 2017
The next CHDA meeting is Monday, April 3 at 7:30 pm. The location is the Closer to Home office board room (upstairs from Greco’s pizza). Map shown below:
March 20, 2017
March Chinook Championship / Open Competition results are now posted on the March 2017 results page.